It’s Your Legal Right & Our Priority
Nicole R. Cook, Esq.
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
Nicole R. Cook is an associate with O'Halloran & Simmons, PLLC. She assists clients in a variety of legal matters including but not limited to adoptions, dissolution of marriage, child custody, paternity, modifications, and estate planning matters.
Navigating and resolving legal matters can be a difficult and confusing process for anyone to experience. Nicole strives to help clients resolve conflicts in a healthy and efficient manner, while also being a strong advocate and committed to zealous representation of her clients throughout the process.
Nicole earned her law degree from Stetson University College of Law. While at Stetson, Nicole earned various awards as a Member on the Dispute Resolution Board, which is ranked among the top third of law schools for Dispute Resolution, and was a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Mark A. Pizzo in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
While originally from Columbus, Ohio, Nicole has lived in Fort Myers, Florida for the majority of her life and is where she considers home. She attended Bishop Verot Catholic High School and later received her Bachelor's degree in Political Science from the University of Central Florida. Nicole has served as a board member on several local associations in the legal community, which include the President and Secretary of the Lee County Bar Association Young Lawyer's Division, Association of Family Law Professionals, and Lee County Legal Aid Society.
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her husband, son, Walker, and Golden Retriever, Cooper.
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Juris Doctorate
- University of Central Florida
- Major: Political Science
- The Florida Bar, Member in Good Standing Since 2016
- Lee County Bar Association (LCBA), Member Since 2016, Executive Board Member 2019
- Lee County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division (LCBA YLD), Member Since 2016, Secretary 2018, President 2019
- Lee County Association for Women Lawyers, Member Since 2016
- Lee County Legal Aid Society Board of Directors, Board Member Since 2017
- Association of Family Law Professionals, Member Since 2016, Board Member 2017-2020
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member Since 2017
- Stetson Dispute Resolution Board, August 2015 to May 2016
- Honorable Mark A. Pizzo in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Judicial Intern