It’s Your Legal Right & Our Priority
Gus Simmons, Esq.
- Family Law
- Real Estate
- Business Law/Business Planning
- Civil Litigation
- Estate Planning
Navigating legal matters can be a challenging process and it is our job to ensure that the experience is as seamless, efficient, and beneficial as possible for our clients.
Gus's father was an attorney and he spent the last 20 years of his legal career as a trial judge, and then transitioned to selling real estate on Sanibel. Gus's father was the inspiration for his continued desire to help those in need by resolving conflict, protecting rights, and assisting with transactional matters. Gus has resided in Southwest Florida since 2002 and in 2006 met his wife, Tina DiCharia, who has been an integral component of Gus's success with starting Simmons Law Firm, P.A., which has merged into O'Halloran & Simmons, PLLC. Tina is also a Realtor who has worked closely Gus's father, in addition to her occasional court reporting.
Gus was born in Washington D.C. and thereafter raised in Missouri. It was this Midwest upbringing, which has provided him the tools necessary to ensure clients and customers have the highest degree of ethical, zealous representation and customer services and possible. Gus maintains a goal-oriented focus: compromising when reasonable, without jeopardizing rights or integrity; and pursuing with aggressiveness when necessary, without sacrificing respect or diplomacy.
He takes each client and their respective matter very seriously, as each is very unique. He understands the financial and emotional pressures a client faces, which is why each client receives focused attention and information from our office throughout the representation.
Gus Simmons is an attorney and has been a member of the Florida Bar since 2004. He is also licensed to practice in Missouri and the Federal Courts of Florida's Middle District. Further, Gus is a licensed Florida Realtor and a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil and Family Mediator.
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas
- J.D. - 05/2002
- Truman State University, Kirksville
- B.S. - 1999
- Major: Exercise Science
- Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2008
- Missouri, 2015
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Mediator, Florida Supreme Court , 2010
- Family Mediator, Florida Supreme Court, 2010
- Lee County Bar Association, Member, 2005 to 2005
- Lee County Legal Aid, Board of Directors, Member, 2006
- Lee County Legal Aid, Board of Directors, President, 2008 to 2011
- American Bar Association, 2004 to 2006
- American Inns of Court, Calusa Chapter, Associate Member, 2007 to 2010
- Association of Family Law Professionals, Member, 2008 to 2008
- Association of Family Law Professionals, Board Director, 2011 to Present
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Agent
- Member, Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of Realtors, 2002 to Present
- Member, Realtors Association of the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, 2008
- Board of Directors, Truman State Alumni Association, 2007 to 2009
- Kiwanis Club of Sanibel & Captiva, Member Since 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell