Resolving Family Law Concerns for More Than Three Decades
Family law issues are emotional and highly charged. Whether you are filing for divorce or fighting to protect your rights during a relocation hearing, it is important to work with a lawyer who can guide you through the legal matters with compassion and experience.
At O'Halloran & Simmons, PLLC, we are dedicated to helping our clients through this difficult time. Our involvement at every step of the process provides the support clients need to find the best solution for their situation. We work with individuals to resolve a variety of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: We work with individuals to determine the most effective ways to achieve their divorce goals.
- Mediation: Mediation can provide a more cost-effective and cooperative way to resolve family law matters pertaining to division of assets, liabilities, parenting plans, alimony and child support.
- Alimony and child support: We work with adults to help them understand their financial rights and responsibilities after marriage. This may include child support payments or various types of alimony – such as bridge the gap, periodic, rehabilitative, durational or temporary.
- Parenting issues: Parenting plans help ensure both parents have the opportunity to have an impact on their children’s lives. We can work with parents to create plans that clearly set forth the time the children will spend with each parent.
- Equitable distribution of marital assets: During divorce, most property acquired during the marriage must be equitably divided. This can include the home, cars, retirement accounts and family business.
- Relocation: We work with parents who face the issue of moving children out of the state. Governed by Florida statute, relocation is a complex issue. We have represented both sides of this emotional issue effectively.
- Post-judgment enforcement and modification: If there has been a substantial change in your circumstances, we can help you modify existing support and parenting plan arrangements. We also work with parents in post-judgment enforcement matters such as delinquent payments for child support.
- Paternity: We work with mothers and fathers in paternity matters to identify the father, establish a parenting plan and determine child support responsibilities.
- Grandparent and extended family custody issues: In certain situations, child custody may be awarded to grandparents, aunts or uncles when the biological parents are unfit or unwilling to serve in their parental roles.
Contact an Experienced Fort Myers Family Law Attorney
We have extensive experience representing families throughout Southwest Florida, therefore, over the years, we have argued both sides of the issues involved in dissolution of marriages. We are committed to working closely and respectfully with clients in a team approach to resolve disputes as soon as possible. Call 239-603-6337 to schedule your initial consultation with an experienced Fort Myers family law lawyer.